Publisher Dotemu (Wonder Boy, Windjammers 1/2) and developers Lizardcube (Wonder Boy) and Guard Crush Games today revealed Streets of Rage 4, an all-new continuation of SEGA’s iconic arcade brawler series known for its radical fights, jammin’ ‘90s beats and dashing sparring gloves and bandanas.
A cult classic
Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a trilogy of beat 'em up games developed and published by SEGA in the 1990s.
Famously known for its non stop action and electronic dance influenced music - scored by Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima - the series has gained the status of cult classic throughout the years. It is considered one of the best beat 'em up series of all time. After many years, Axel and Blaze are finally picking up the fight where they left.
Featuring hand-drawn visuals from the team behind 2017’s gorgeous Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap remake, Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem. Streets of Rage 4 recalls classic gameplay but it stands as an entirely original arcade-style romp thanks to the expertise of Guard Crush Games and Dotemu.
Whether players gang up with a friend or clean up the city solo, Streets of Rage 4 is a skull-bashing, chicken-chomping delight all set to a thumping soundtrack sure to get your blood pumping.
To keep up to date on all things Streets of Rage 4, punch your keyboard until it types https://www.streets4rage.com, go to https://www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4 and slice that follow button on Twitter @Dotemu, @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush.
© SEGA, all rights reserved. © 2018 Dotemu, all rights reserved. Developed by Lizardcube, Guard Crush Games and Dotemu.
- The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
- Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
- Classic gameplay enhanced with brand new mechanics.
- Braised chicken served on a pristine plate.
Reveal Trailer (August 27, 2018) — YouTube
Gameplay Teaser Trailer (March 26, 2019) — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Lizardcube is a Parisian games studio founded by game industry veteran Omar Cornut (Pixeljunk Shooter, Tearaway, Soul Bubbles, Dear ImGui) and traditional comic/animation artist Ben Fiquet (Soul Bubbles). It is best known for the acclaimed remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, praised for its art style and retro engineering marvel.
- More information
- More information on Lizardcube, our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Dotemu is a french video game company specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games. Our mission is simple: give every gamer access to yesteryear’s classic video games on today's platforms, including PC, mobile, console and more. Working alongside the world’s most cherished and recognized publishers, the Dotemu team has published a number of global top-sellers across both PC and console, including Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, Windjammers, several games in the Ys series and more. Founded in 2007, Dotemu leverages its considerable technological know-how to maintain the original spirit of classic games while giving them a second life as rediscovered gems for a new generation of gamers.
- More information
- More information on Dotemu is available here.
About Guard Crush Games
- Guard Crush Games was founded in 2009 by Jordi Asensio and Cyrille Lagarigue based on their passion for classic beat-em-up and sidescrolling titles. The team is best known for its XBox 360 release, Streets of Fury, and follow-up on PC Streets of Fury: Extended Edition in 2015, which revel in over-the-top action and capture the studio’s love for fun sidescrolling brawlers..
- More information
- More information on Guard Crush Games is available here.
Streets of Rage 4 Credits
- Press Contact for General Enquiries
- Press Contact for Europe
- Press Contact for US
- Game Website
- Game Facebook
- Lizardcube Twitter
- Lizardcube Facebook
- Dotemu Twitter
- Dotemu Facebook
- Guard Crush Games Twitter
- Guard Crush Games Facebook